Orlando’s blazing sun doesn’t just tan; it tests. With average summer temperatures soaring to the 90s, a functioning AC isn’t a luxury; it’s a lifeline. Here’s your compact guide to AC replacement in the heart of Florida:
- Heat Stats: Orlando sees over 230 sunny days annually, emphasizing the need for efficient ACs.
- Replacement Signs: If your AC is over 10-12 years, emits odd noises, or struggles with cooling, it’s time.
- SEER Ratings: Opt for higher SEER ratings. Orlando’s average is 14-16, but going higher brings more savings.
- Duct Evaluation: Before replacement, ensure your ducts are sealed and insulated to avoid energy loss.
- Size It Right: Orlando homes commonly make the mistake of oversized ACs, which can reduce efficiency.
- Tech Upgrades: Consider smart thermostats, which can cut down costs by 10% annually.
- Brands: Brands like Trane, Carrier, and Goodman are popular in Orlando for their reliability.
- Energy Rebates: Orlando offers rebates for energy-efficient replacements. Check eligibility!
- Installation Time: Ideally, replace before the peak heat. Early spring is a wise window.
- Maintenance Plans: Post-replacement, enlist in annual maintenance checks to optimize AC lifespan.
- Cost: The average replacement in Orlando ranges from $9,000 to $16,000, inclusive of installation.
- Warranties: Most brands offer a 10-12 year warranty, but ensure regular maintenance to keep it valid.
Invest in the right AC replacement, and Orlando’s heat will feel like a mild inconvenience, rather than an overwhelming challenge.