Budgeting for heating repair can be daunting without a guide. Let’s delve into an average cost breakdown:
- Service Call Fees: Typically range from $80-$120, covering basic diagnostics.
- Thermostat Issues: Simple replacements cost around $100-$400.
- Blower Motors: A major component, it ranges between $150-$450.
- Igniters: Electric igniters average at $300, while hot surface igniters are about $50-$100.
- Heat Exchangers: Critical and costly, replacements can run from $500-$1,200.
- Flame Sensors: A minor repair averaging $110-$264.
- Pilot Light & Ignition Repair: Generally between $150-$300.
- Circuit Boards: A pricier repair, ranging from $100-$600.
- Air Duct Leaks: Sealing costs average at $300-$500.
- Gas Valves: Replacement costs are typically $150-$750.
- Draft Inducers: Costs average at $150-$450.
- Pressure Sensors & Switches: These fall in the $50-$350 range.
- Transformers: Averaging between $100-$400.
- Belt Replacement: A cheaper fix at $20-$50.
- Yearly Maintenance: An ounce of prevention, regular checks average $100-$200 but save in the long run.
Always remember costs vary based on region, technician rates, and specific unit models. Consult local professionals for exact figures.